Severe Tropical Storm “Ambo” continue to traverse through Luzon. At 4:00 PM today, the center of Severe Tropical Storm “AMBO” was estimated based on all available data including those from Daet Doppler Radar 40 km South of Infanta, Quezon (14.4 °N, 121.7 °E ).
Ambo is forecasted to make landfall at Real or Infanta in Northern Quezon at around 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM today.
Tropical Storm Ambo Rainfall
Between tonight until tomorrow (May 16, 2020), severe tropical storm Ambo will bring moderate to heavy with at times intense rains in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), Ilocos Region, Central Luzon, Nueva Vizcaya, and Quirino.
The provinces of Marinduque, Quezon, Aurora, Metro Manila, Rizal, Batangas, Laguna, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Nueva Vizcaya, Isabela, Quirino and Pampanga will experience moderate to heavy and at times intense rains until tonight.
Tropical Storm Ambo Forecast Track
Ambo is expected to be at 45 km West Northwest of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte(18.4°N, 120.2°E) tomorrow afternoon. Ambo is forecasted to exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility on Tuesday Afternoon.
Benguet including Baguio City is still under Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal Number 2
Areas under Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal Number 2
- Benguet (Including Baguio City)
- Mountain Province
- Ilocos Norte
- Ilocos Sur
- La Union
- the eastern portion of Pangasinan (San Nicolas, Natividad, San Quintin, Umingan, Balungao, Sta. Maria, Tayug, Asingan, San Manuel, Binalonan, Laoac, Urdaneta, Villasis, Rosales, Sto. Tomas, Alcala, Bautista, Bayambang, Urbiztondo, Basista, Malasiqui, Sta. Barbara, Manaoag, Mapandan, San Jacinto, San Fabian, Pozorrubio, Sison, Mangaldan, Dagupan, Calasiao, Binmaley, Lingayen, Bugallon, Aguilar, San Carlos, Mangatarem)
- Metro Manila
- the northern portion of Quezon (General Nakar, Infanta, Real, Mauban, Sampaloc. Lucban, Tayabas, Sariaya, Candelaria, Dolores, Tiaong, San Antonio, Lucena, Pagbilao, Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Plaridel, Unisan, Gumaca, Pitogo, Macallelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Lopez, Buenavista, Guinayangan, Calauag, Tagkayawan, Perez, Alabat, Quezon)
- Polillo Islands
- the western portion of Camarines Norte (Santa Elena, Capalonga)
- Nueva Ecija
- Nueva Vizcaya
- the western portion of Isabela (Quezon, Mallig, Roxas, Quirino, San Manuel, Burgos, Gamu, Reina Mercedes, Aurora, Luna Cabanatuan, Naguilian, Benito Soliven, Cauayan, San Guillermo, Dinapugue, San Mateo, Alicia, Angadanan, Ramon, San Isidro, Echague, Jones, San Agustin, Santiago, Cordon)
Areas Under Tropical Cyclone Winds Signal No.1
- Cagayan including Babuyan Islands
- the rest of Pangasinan
- the rest of Isabela
- the rest of Quezon
- the rest of Camarines Norte
- the western portion of Camarines Sur (Del Gallego, Ragay, Lupi, Sipocot, Libmanan, Cabusao)
- the northeastern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Puerto Galera, San Teodoro, Baco, Calapan, Naujan, Victoria, Socorro, Pola)