Baguio City will soon allow the entry of returning residents coming from other areas around the country.
Start of Returning Baguio Residents Program
According to the announcement posted by the Public Information Office – City of Baguio, the RBR Program is targeted to start on May 21, 2020.
Moreover, a Returning Baguio Residents Task Force (RBRTF) headed by Engr. Philip L. Puzon, Chief of Staff/Secretary to the Mayor has been formed as well. The task force is composed of representatives from the Management Information Technology Division (MITD), BCPO, CDRRMO, and City Health Officers from the Health Services Office (HSO) including medical doctors from the City’s sixteen (16) District Health Centers.
Guidelines for Returning Baguio Residents Program
[UPDATED ON MAY 21, 2020] Returning Baguio residents (RBR) must:
- Secure a Medical Certificate from the City/Provincial Health Office of the place of origin based on any of the following conditions:
- The applicant is not a probable, suspect or COVID-19 confirmed case
- He/She has completed the 14-day quarantine period based on the quarantine guidelines of DOH
- The applicant is a COVID-19 confined case who has tested negative through RT-PCR twice
- Register online by filling–out a Health Declaration Form (HDF) at http://hdf.baguio.gov.ph/.
- Upload scanned copies of the following supporting documents:
- Medical Certificate
- Proof of Residence (any one of the following)
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s ID
- TIN ID
- UMID ID
- Other valid IDs indicating Baguio City as their residence address
- If the RBR has an existing Travel Authority, he/she must upload it too.
If you don’t have a valid ID available, you have to secure a Police Clearance from the Police Office in your place of origin or any credible document showing proof that you are a resident of Baguio City (ex. Barangay Certificate of Residence).
Validation of RBRs’ Applications
The information and authenticity of documents provided/submitted by the applicant RBR will be validated by the City Disaster and Risk Reduction Management Office (CDRRMO).
- Once approved, CDRRMO will schedule the RBR’s date of travel to the City and inform the applicant.
- RBRs travelling together with family members will not be separated.
- All family members who will be traveling should register regardless of age.
If I don’t have an existing Travel Authority, how do I get one?
Go to the nearest Philippine National Police (PNP) Office in the city/province where you are stranded and apply for a Travel Authority signed and approved by the PNP Regional Director.
You must inform the PNP of your date of travel as scheduled by the CDRRMO and submit the Medical Certificate.
Passing Through City Checkpoints
CDRRMO will provide a list of the names of approved RBR applicants to the Tactical Operations Center (TOC) of the Baguio City Police Office (BCPO) to ascertain that checkpoints will allow these RBRs to enter the City as scheduled. The same list shall also be provided to the City’s Triage Units.
On the other hand, RBRs should present their Travel Authority issued by PNP upon arrival at Checkpoints.
Mandatory Quarantine for RBRs
Upon arrival to the City, the RBR will undergo Triage and will either be (i) quarantined in a holding facility, OR (ii) home quarantined and monitored by the concerned Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams (BHERTS).
RBRs will be escorted by the Baguio City Police Office going to Triage to ensure compliance.
Transportation of Returning Baguio Residents
[UPDATED ON MAY 21, 2020]
If you will be fetched by a relative coming from Baguio City, here are the steps to take:
- Secure your Health Certificate issued by the City/Municipal/Provincial Health Office and Travel Authority from the PNP Regional Director in the place where you are stranded.
- The driver and RBRs should all register online at http://hdf.baguio.gov.ph/.
- The driver should secure a Clearance Certificate from the Baguio City Mayor’s Office.
- A proof of residence is required.
- Both the driver and RBRs must follow the procedure for RBRs when coming back to Baguio City.
[As of May 13, 2020] According to the guidelines, if all necessary requirements have been met, RBRs with private vehicles will be prioritized.
NOTE: Since the lifting of travel restrictions on public transportation is still pending, the city is encouraging RBRs to secure their own transportation.