If you’re interested to work as a government employee, here’s how to apply for the civil service exams – qualifications, requirements and more.
APPLICATION FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS IS EXTENDED
The Civil Service Commission (CSC) has extended the application for the Career Service Examination, Pen and Paper Test (CSE-PPT) for both Professional and Sub-Professional levels scheduled on August 4 until Thursday, June 6, 2019.
However, CSC offices will still be closed and will not accept applications on June 5, 2019, because based on Proclamation No. 729, it has been declared by President Rodrigo Duterte as a regular holiday in observance of Eid’l Fitr.
How to apply for the Civil Service Exams
NOTE: If you are planning to take the Civil Service Exam in Baguio City, you should personally go to the CSC Regional Office along Wagner Road or their Baguio Field Office located in the Burnham Park Building, Jose Abad Santos Drive to file your application.
The examination is taken by aspirants for any the following reasons:
- promotion and regularization (for government employees)
- get a job in the government
In order to be able to take the exam, you should be able to fulfill the following qualifications:
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Age should be at least 18
- Of good moral character without any criminal record or has not been convicted because of committing an offense involving moral turpitude
- Have not been dishonorably discharged from serving the military or dismissed for cause from any governmental civilian position
- Have not taken the same level of Civil Service Exam within three (3) months from last examination taken.
Requirements for Civil Service Exam application
Here’s the list of documents that you should bring during your application:
- Filled-out application CS FORM No. 100
- NOTE: Leave out the part where you have to affix your signature and right thumb mark. You will be asked to fill them out in front of a CSC representative during the filing of your application.
- Passport size photos
- Four (4) pieces, with name tag & signature
- Dimensions: 1.78 x 1.38 inches or 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
- Colored photo; white background
- Should be taken within the last three months before your application
- Face should be bare and not be covered by any accessories (eyeglasses, contact lens, etc.); photo should be raw and without enhancements
- Bring a valid ID and submit one (1) photocopy
- NOTE: If your birth date is not reflected on your valid ID, submit a PSA copy of your Birth Certificate.
- Dual Citizenship
- If you are a dual citizen, you are required to secure a copy of your certification on the Retention of Philippine Citizenship (based on R.A. 9225) from the Bureau of Immigration.
- Prepare PHP500.00 examination fee
- You should SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS for your application to the CSC Regional or Field Office.
- Do not sign and place your finger print on the S FORM No. 100. Wait for the CSC representative to instruct you about this.
- Wear proper attire during your application.
- NOT ALLOWED: slippers, sleeveless blouse or shirt, and shorts
- The CSC representative will check whether you are qualified to take the examination by verifying your records through the DIBAR or E-taker System.
- If you are qualified, you will proceed to pay the fee of PHP500.00 to the cashier where you’ll be given your examination slip and official receipt.