Governor Melchor Diclas signed Executive Order No. 2020 – 035, prescribing the guidelines for the Province of Benguet under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) effective starting June 1, 2020.
Modified GCQ Guidelines for Benguet
Here are the following guidelines stated under EO No. 2020 – 035.
Movement of Residents
- All persons shall now be allowed to go outside their residences. However, everyone must observe the following:
- Mandatory wearing of face mask
- Physical distancing of at least one (1) meter apart shall still be observed in workplaces, banks, offices, markets, groceries, and in all other public areas.
Here are the following individuals enjoined to stay at home:
- Persons below 21 years old 60 years old and above
- Individuals with immunodeficiency, comorbidities or other health risks
- Pregnant women
NOTE: The persons mentioned above are enjoined to stay at home except when indispensable under the circumstance of obtaining essential goods and services or for work in permitted industries and offices.
Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs) / Returning Overseas Filipinos (RFOs)
- Municipal LGUs shall not deny the entry of LSIs with complete documents but may subject the LSIs to local health protocols and procedures that are consistent with IATF policies.
The following documents are required to all LSIs/ROFs coming from other regions:
- Medical Clearance Certification issued by the City / Municipal Health Office based on the following conditions:
- That the LSI is neither a contact, suspect or probable or confirmed COVID-19 case; and
- That the LSI completed a 14-day quarantine based on the standards set by the DOH; or
- That LSI confirmed as a COVID-19 case was tested negative through RT-PCR twice.
- Travel Authority issued by the Philippine National Police (PNP)
For LSIs intending to travel to other municipalities within Benguet and to other provinces within the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), Travel Authority from the (PNP) is no longer required.
- Travel Authority issued by the Joint Task Force-COVID Shield
- Negative RT-PCR result and Quarantine Certification issued by DOH – Bureau of quarantine.
- As provided under Executive Order 2020-023, all government offices and business establishments shall ensure the provision of handwash stations within the vicinity causing it accessible to all clients and employees.
- The use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer dispensers may be an alternative for other business establishments. However, handwashing with soap and potable water is still preferred for department stores and public markets.
- Floor mats or foot bath with disinfectant shall be positioned at the entrance of every office or establishment.
- Guidelines for public transportation for areas under General Community Quarantine as provided under Memorandum Circular #2020-017 of the Land Franchising Regulatory Board (LTFRB) remains in effect, pending further issuances from the agency.
- Special Permit will be issued by the Department of Transportation (DOTr) to public transports which shall operate only in routes identified and approved.
- Private vehicles shall be allowed to operate with a strict one (1 ) meter distance between passengers. The use of bikes is highly encouraged.
Unhampered Movement of Cargo
- Movement of all types of cargoes shall be continuous and with a maximum of five (5) passengers including the driver, with or without load.
- Asymptomatic drivers and helpers are not obliged to undergo mandatory fourteen (14)-day home quarantine.
- The Philippine National Police (PNP) retains its authority to conduct inspection procedures in checkpoints to ensure that protocols on strict home quarantine are observed.
- Work may be at full operational capacity, or under such alternative work arrangements as agencies may deem proper per Civil Service Commission (CSC) Memorandum Circular No. 10, series 2020.
Public and Private Offices
- Work in all public and private offices may be allowed to resume at full operating capacity
Alternative work arrangements for the following person:
- Sixty (60) years old and above
- Persons with immunodeficiency, comorbidity, or other health risks,
- Pregnant women
- Indoor and outdoor non-contact sports and other forms of exercises such as but not limited to walking, jogging, running, biking, golf, swimming. tennis. badminton, equestrian, and skateboarding are allowed.
The following must be observed:
- Wearing of facemask
- Observance of social distancing protocols
- No sharing of equipment
- Mass gatherings such as but not limited to, movie screenings, concerts, sporting events, and other entertainment activities, community assemblies, and non-essential work gatherings shall be allowed provided that all participants shall be limited to fifty percent (50%) of the venue or seating capacity.
- Religious gatherings shall be allowed under such guidelines as may be declared through subsequent issuances by the IATF.
Classes in Public and Private Schools
- Face-to-face or in-person classes may be conducted in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in compliance with guidelines set by CHED
- The Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan under the K-12 Education shall be covered by the guidelines set by the Department of Education (DepEd).
Public and Private Construction Projects
All public and private construction projects shall be allowed subject to strict compliance with the construction safety guidelines issued by the DPWH.
All economic activities as identified during the period of General Community Quarantine (GCQ) are allowed to operate at full operational capacity, except for the following:
- Barbershops, salons, and other personal cafe service establishments, at a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of venue capacity
- Dine-in service in food retail establishments such as supermarkets, grocery stores, and food preparation establishments, at a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of the seating capacity
- Only a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of its workforce without prejudice to work-from-home and other alternative work arrangements to the following:
- Gyms / Fitness studios and Sports Facilities
- Kids amusement industries such as but not limited to toy stores, playgrounds. playrooms and rides
- Libraries, archives, museums. and other cultural center art galleries, botanical and zoological gardens
- Tourist destinations, except those used as a quarantine facility
- Travel agencies, tour operators, reservation service and related activities
- Gambling and betting such as but not limited to cockfighting and the like
- Any other amusement, leisure, gaming, and tourism establishments that promote mass gathering
NOTE: The Schedule of operations for some business establishments may be regulated by the concerned municipal LGU for the welfare and benefit of its constituents.
RELATED: What’s different now that Baguio City is in MGCQ? Here are the Guidelines + FAQs, Apayao Records first COVID-19 Case, Conner Now on Total Lockdown, Baguio City Records New COVID-19 Case After Two Days into MGCQ