[UPDATE AS OF JUNE 3, 2020]
The fist COVID-19 patient in the province of Apayao, a 28-year old, pregnant female health worker, has already tested negative of the disease through her second swab test yesterday, June 3, 2020. This good news has been reported by the Conner District Hospital.
Furthermore, according to a Facebook post by the Philippine Information Agency – Cordillera Administrative Region (PIA-CAR), Cagayan Valley Medical Center Chief Glenn Matthew Baggao believes that the patient, despite being pregnant, tested negative of COVID-19 due to her good health status and strong immune system.
The First COVID-19 Case in Apayao
[As of June 1, 2020] The province of Apayao has recorded its first COVID-19 case on the first day of its transition to Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) classification.
The COVID-19 positive patient, as confirmed by DOH-Cordillera, is a 28-year old health worker from Conner, Apayao. The agency also said that she has no travel history outside the province.
Furthermore, according to a post by the Philippine Information Agency – Cordillera (PIA-CAR), the patient is now in stable condition and is admitted at a health facility in Cagayan province.
Total Lockdown in the Conner, Apayao
Following this first confirmed case in Apayao, Conner Mayor Martina Dangoy has immediately taken action to avoid the spread of the virus as she placed the entire municipality on a total lockdown through Executive Order No. 24.
The total lockdown is effective starting yesterday, June 1 until June 15, 2020.
In addition, the conduct of contact tracing of family members and other persons who had been in contact with the COVID-19 patient has also already been ordered by the mayor.
During the Total Lockdown in Conner
Here’s what residents can expect during the total lockdown imposed in the municipality of Conner based on an update from PIA-CAR:
- Strict home quarantine shall be observed in all households and that no movement outside of residence shall be imposed
- Accessing of food and other basic necessities of all residents shall be done by the barangay officials only
- Traveling to and within the municipality shall be restricted and no person including Authorized Persons Outside Residences (APOR) shall be allowed entry to and exit within the municipality except for patients that need to be transported for health purposes only
- Only frontline workers are allowed to travel within the municipality especially those on duty
- Government workers are also allowed to travel especially for those permitted to work
- Turayok and Guina-ang checkpoints or the entry and exit points of the municipality shall remain in full-force to strictly implement the total lockdown
- All barangay checkpoints will still be in full activation as well
- Curfew hours will be from 8:00PM to 5:00AM
- Minimum public health standards shall be complied at all times for the duration of the total lockdown
- Delivery of goods and transactions will not be hampered as issued by the Omnibus Guidelines of the National IATF
- Delivery transactions at Malama Public Market and Buluan Trading Post continue while the strict implementation of the public health standards among drivers and crews will be observed.
- All transactions for delivery of goods shall take place within the day only and drivers and crew shall return to their place of origin immediately.
Furthermore, according to the PIA-CAR, the Mayor of Conner has appealed to its residents to stay at home and follow the precautionary measures and other health standards to ensure everyone’s safety and protection against the Coronavirus Disease.
Conner District Hospital Health Education and Promotion