Following the new case of COVID-19 in the Municipality of Buguias, Benguet. Barangay Amlimay will be placed on lockdown beginning 6:00 AM of June 30, 2020, until further notice. This is according to Executive Order No. 21 Series of 2020, issued by Municipal Mayor Ruben L. Tinda-an.
The new case was discovered during the expanded mass testing of some Barangay Agriculture Extension Workers (BAEW’s). Swab tests were taken and one of the tests turned out positive for COVID-19.
According to the EO, after initial contact tracing, it was found out that the patient is a resident of Barangay Amlimay. Furthermore, it was discovered that the patient went around their barangay as well as some areas in the municipality including the Municipal Building.
The Municipal Mayor further directs the public to:
- Stay at home except in emergency cases
- Close all establishments within the area
- Vehicles plying the National Road should only pass through and not stop within the area.
- Take precautionary measures always.
Buguias Municipal Building On Lockdown
As the initial contact tracing yielded information that the patient also visited the Municipal Building of Buguias Benguet, the Municipal Mayor also placed the building on lockdown. The lockdown took effect 4:00 PM of June 29, 2020 and will last until July 2, 2020. The lockdown of the municipal building is by virtue of Executive Order No. 22 series of 2020. The Mayor has asked the Public and Municipal Building employees to comply with the following:
- All employees are directed to conduct disinfection in their respective offices1i>
- All Municipal employees are directed not to physically report for work but to perform respective functions on a work from home for three (3) days. All shall observe home quarantine and take precautionary measures.
- All municipal employees and officials are further directed to undergo swab testing prioritizing those who have direct contact with the patient
- All those who transacted at the Municipal Hall from June 24, 2020 until June 26, 2020 are directed to immediately submit themselves to their respective Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams for monitoring purposes
- Transactions in the different municipal offices/departments are temporarily suspended