The Department of Health- Cordillera Administrative Region recently announced that the region has recorded 7 new cases of COVID-19 patients. The breakdown of the cases are as follows:
– 1 in Abra
– 3 in Benguet
– 1 in Ifugao
– 2 in Kalinga
As of now here’s what we know about the following patients
- 1 patient from Benguet is a 54-year-old male from Barangay Dalupirip in Itogon.
- 1 patient from Benguet is a 30-year-old male resident of La Trinidad, a police officer currently deployed in Camp Molintas, Bangao, Buguias.
- 1 patient from Benguet is a 28-year-old truck helper who is a resident from Little Kibungan, Puguis, La Trinidad and a contact of a known case.
- 1 patient from Abra is a 27-year-old NDP Nurse from Bucloc assigned in Licuan-Baay. According to an official statement from the Province of Abra, She visited her grandmother at Seares Hospital, resulting to her being one of the close contacts of their province’s fourth active patient. She is currently isolated in Tumalip, Licuan-Baay and has no COVID-19 symptoms.
- 1 patient from Kalinga is a 30-year-old displaced construction worker who arrived from Caloocan last June 6, 2020.
- 1 patient from Kalinga is a 51-year-old Overseas Filipino Worker from Abu Dhabi.
- 1 patient from Ifugao is a 30-year-old male Overseas Filipino Worker from Dubai.
Active contact tracing is currently being conducted by the different local government units and health authorities involved.
As of 12 noon today, June 11, 2020, there are currently a total of 18 active cases in the Cordillera Administrative Region, with Benguet having the highest toll of seven (7) active COVID-19 cases and Baguio City with six (6) active cases.