The PLDT has recently released a network advisory informing the public that the company will conduct emergency maintenance activities in one of its international cable systems from September 26, 2020 until September 30, 2020.
This announcement has made many Filipinos worry and wonder if their internet connection will be interrupted or if their online classes or work from home will be affected during the said maintenance period.
Thus, on the evening of Thursday, September 24, 2020, PLDT has released another advisory, informing and assuring every Filipino who is using their services that they are keeping them connected.
“We’re keeping you connected to ensure that you and your family continue to enjoy the strongest connections at home.”
– PLDT Home, Advisory, September 24, 2020
What Else to Expect During PLDT’s 5-Day Maintenance?
If you are wondering about what else to expect while PLDT’s 5-Day emergency maintenance is ongoing, here are the answers to some of your questions, as provided by PLDT Home:
- Will I lose an internet connection because of the AAG maintenance?
- No. Your internet connection will be uninterrupted.
- Will I be able to study or work at home during the maintenance period?
- Yes. You will still be able to do video and voice calls for work and access your school’s online learning platform.
- What is the effect of this maintenance activity on my internet connection?
- No effect. We have put in place initiatives to reroute affected internet traffic to PLDT’s other equally-robust International Cable systems. Rest assured, PLDT and Smart have enough capacity to serve the internet needs of the Philippines.
For More News and Updates
See more news and updates like this one by exploring our Baguio City Guide website and by liking and following our official Baguio City Guide Facebook page. You may also check out our official Baguio City Guide YouTube channel to as well catch a variety of video content.
Source: PLDT Home