The granting of 2 hours free parking of Senior Citizens and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in all establishments in the City of Baguio was effective on January 7, 2021. This is under the amended Ordinance No. 149, Series of 2020.
As stated under the ordinance, business establishment refers to “establishment that collect parking fees, whether operated by the government, barangay or private entities.”
Furthermore, it is stated that the ordinance will not cover overnight parking.
Free Parking Conditions
Here are the conditions to avail of the free parking privilege:
- The Senior Citizen and PWD must be a resident of Baguio City
- Present valid senior citizen/PWD identification card, duly issued by the City Government of Baguio.
- The Senior Citizen or PWD must be the one driving the motor vehicle.
- Exemption from payment of parking fees will apply only in the first two (2) hours.
- On the third hour, the corresponding hourly rate shall apply and be collected subjected to the twenty percent (20%) discount.
For all business establishments covered by the said ordinance, they must install the necessary signages to serve notice to the public of the provisions of this ordinance.
According to the ordinance, any violation of the provision/s of the ordinance will be filed with the following offices:
- Office of the Senior Citizen Affairs (OSCA)
- Persons with Disability Affairs (PDAO)
Furthermore, any business establishment collecting parking fees found to be in violation of the provisions of the ordinance will be penalized accordingly:
- First Offense: PHP 1,000.00
- Second Offense: PHP 1,500.00
- Third Offense: PHP 2,000.00
Ordinance No. 149, Series of 2020
For More News and Updates
Source: Sangguniang Panlungsod Baguio