Every year, the Philippine Military Academy conducts the PMA Entrance Exam (PMAEE) for those who aspire to be cadets and to be trained by the most prestigious leadership institution in the Philippines.
However, there have been changes for PMAEE 2020 due to the prevailing enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) over Luzon.
PMA Entrance Exam 2020
The PMA Entrance Exam 2020 will be on August 30, 2020. According to PMA, starting May 1, 2020, aspiring cadets can start applying for PMAEE through the Cadet Online Application.
[UPDATE AS OF MAY 26, 2020]
According to PMA, they will be accepting applications online or via mail until the first week of August.
Furthermore, the institution has announced that they will be posting the initial master list of all applications that have already been processed and validated by mid-June. Afterwhich, the list will be updated weekly.
As for the examination permits, these will be sent to the e-mail addresses that applicants provide in their application forms. Thus, PMA reminds applicants to regularly check their emails (including the Spam folder) from time to time.
In order to help you prepare for the entrance exam, we’ve listed the things you need to know about it.
How to apply for the PMA Entrance Exam?
1. ONLINE APPLICATION
If you wish to apply for PMAEE online, follow these steps.
- Access the PMA Online Application System.
- Create a new account by clicking on the Sign-up button. If you already have an account, click the Sign-in button instead.
- Fill out the form and make sure to provide your valid and active e-mail address for contact purposes.
- After accomplishing the form, a verification code will be sent to the e-mail address that you have provided.
- To complete your application, paste this verification code in the box labeled as “Verification Code.”
- After submitting the verification code, you will be automatically logged in to the system.
- Fill out more details like:
- Personal Information
- Educational Background
- Once You’re done filling out the required information, you will be notified that your application will be validated.
- During the validation phase, PMA will determine if you are qualified to take the PMAEE based on the requirements that you have uploaded in your account.
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive a notification in your account that you can download your EXAM PERMIT.
- Disapproved applicants will receive a notification containing the reason of the disapproval.
- Click Download to get the PDF format of your official Examination Permit.
- Bring your Examination permit once you get into the Examination Center.
2. APPLICATION VIA MAIL
Aside from the online application, you may send in your application for the PMA entrance exam 2020 via mail/courier service, depending on the COVID-19 situation in your area.
- Download the application form here.
- Read carefully the guidelines provided on the second page of the application form.
- Print and fill-up the application form.
- Along with your application form, include the following in your envelope:
- 2×2 ID picture with white background
- Photocopies of your birth certificate
- Proof of grades and educational attainment
- Send you application requirements to this address:
OFFICE OF THE CADET ADMISSION
Philippine Military Academy
Fort Gregorio del Pilar, 2602
- Wait for the Office of the Cadet Admission’s response to be sent to the email address that you have provided on your application form.
Process of Application for PMA Entrance Exam 2020
STEP #1: APPLICATION FORM
- Access and accomplish the application form through https://admission.pma.ph/.
- Submit your accomplished form.
- Get your acknowledgment receipt.
STEP #2: EXAMINATION PROPER
- Be at the Examination Center on the day of the scheduled PMAEE
- Receive instructions prior to examination
- Undergo limited physical examination
STEP #3: RELEASE OF THE LIST OF PMAEE PASSERS
The PMA Office of Cadet Admission will release the list of the PMAEE passers through the following:
What are the qualifications for PMA Entrance Exam 2020?
To qualify, an applicant must be:
- A Natural Born Filipino Citizen.
- Physically fit and of good moral character
- Single and has never been married, not pregnant nor have a legal obligation to support a child or children
- Must pass the PMA Entrance Examination
- No Administrative / Criminal Case
- At least High School Graduate (Grade 12) with at least 85% GPA
- Height Requirement for both Male and Female is 5 feet (not to exceed 6’4″ for both).
- At least 17 years old but not a day older than 22 years on April 1 of the year following the examination taken.
Here is the list of medical conditions that will disqualify an applicant to take the PMA Entrance Exam:
- color blindness
- any communicable disease
- physical deformities
- other medical conditions as determined by AFP Medical Board Nr 1
What are the requirements or documents to prepare when applying for PMA Entrance Exam 2020?
- Duly accomplished application form
- 2 pcs. of 2×2 ID Picture (white background)
- Photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of Form 137/138 or copy of latest grades indicating GPA
Events for Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- 3.2 Kilometer Run
- Pull-ups (male)
- Flex-arm hang (female)
What is the coverage of the PMA Entrance Exam?
Like the PMA Entrance Exams in the past, here are the areas to be covered by PMAEE 2020:
- MATHEMATICS: Algebra and Geometry
- ENGLISH: Grammar, Composition, Reading and Comprehension
- Verbal/Numerical Reasoning and Pattern Analysis
PMA Entrance Exam Do’s and Don’ts
- DO NOT FOLD, ROLL, DISFIGURE NOR WRITE ON TOP OF YOUR ANSWER SHEET as this may cause problems with the reading machine.
- Take note that ITEM NUMBER 1 on the Answer Sheet corresponds to QUESTION NUMBER 1 on the Test Booklet. ITEM NUMBER 2 on the Answer Sheet corresponds to QUESTION NUMBER 2 on the Test Booklet and so on.
- When shading your chosen answer, make sure that you do not extend your shading outside the circle.
- Do not shade more than one circle.
- Do not make any stray pencil marks on the answer sheet.
- If you wish to change your answer, erase your old answer completely and shade your new answer.
- If you do not know the answer, make an intelligent guess. Do not leave any item unanswered.
Committing any of the following actions will cause an applicant’s disqualification in the examination:
- Talking to other applicants during the test
- Passing to or receiving anything from another applicant or unauthorized persons during the test
- Using any of the following: calculators, cellular phones, or any other electronic gadget
PMAEE 2020 Testing Centers
Please take note of your testing center’s corresponding Code Number as you will need it when filling out your application form.
- 001 Laoag City
- 002 Tuguegarao City
- 003 Bontoc, Mountain Province
- 004 Bayumbong, Nueva Vizcaya
- 005 Baguio City
- 006 Lingayen, Pangasinan
- 007 Cabanatuan City
- 008 Tarlac City
- 009 Pampanga
- 010 HPAF, Villamor Air Base, Pasay City
- 011 Quezon City
- 012 HPA, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
- 013 Los Baños, Laguna
- 014 Lipa City
- 015 Lucena City
- 016 Naga City
- 017 Legazpi City
- 018 Puerto Princesa City
- 019 Cavite
- 020 Tabuk City
- 021 Gamu, Isabela
- 022 Vigan City
- 101 Kalibo, Aklan
- 102 Iloilo City
- 103 Bacolod City
- 104 Dumaguete City
- 105 Cebu City
- 106 Catbalogan City
- 107 Tacloban City
- 108 Tagbilaran City
- 201 Butuan City
- 202 Cagayan De Oro City
- 203 Iligan City
- 204 Davao City
- 205 Mati, Davao Oriental
- 206 Kidapawan City
- 207 General Santos City
- 208 Ozamis City
- 209 Cotabato City
- 210 Tacurong City
- 211 Zamboanga City
- 212 Dipolog City
- 213 Tagum City
- 214 Pagadian City
For other concerns and more information, you may contact the PMA Office of the Cadet Admission through the following:
- Landline: (074) 442–5520
- GLOBE: 0906546 6989
- SMART:09190680877 or 09190680878
- Website: https://www.pma.ph
SOURCE: PMA Public Affairs