The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases of the Republic of the Philippines has recently released Resolution No. 85, Series of 2020. It was signed by Department of Health (DOH) Secretary Francisco Duque III on November 26, 2020.
The said resolution contains details about the specifics of the ratified decisions of the IATF Technical Working Group, including the persons who may be allowed entry privileges to the Philippines beginning December 7 and the operational capacity of commissioned shuttle services for employees; and the specifics of the approved recommendations of the sub-Technical Working Group on Information and Communications Technology Solutions.
Who May Be Allowed Entry Privileges to the Philippines Beginning Dec. 7
Based on the resolution, starting December 7, 2020, the following may be allowed entry privileges to the Philippines under Republic Act No. 6768 or the “Act Instituting the Balikbayan Program”:
- Filipino citizens’ foreign spouses and children, regardless of age, who are traveling with them;
- Former Filipino citizens, including their spouses and children, regardless of age, who are traveling with them.
The entry of these persons shall be subjected to the following conditions:
- They are allowed visa-free entry under Executive Order No. 408, s. 1960;
- with pre-booked quarantine facility;
- with pre-booked COVID-19 testing at a laboratory operating at their airport; and
- subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port and date of entry.
The Operational Capacity of Commissioned Shuttle Services for Employees
On the operational capacity of commissioned shuttle services for employees, on the other hand, it is indicated in the resolution that the operational capacity of commissioned shuttle services for employees of permitted offices or establishments shall be allowed to be increased.
It may adopt a “one-seat apart” arrangement or a full seating capacity, as stated by the IATF in their resolution, provided that necessary dividers, together with other health and safety measures are in place.
For complete details, click HERE the IATF Resolution No. 85 as provided by the official journal of the Republic of the Philippines, The Official Gazette.
For More News and Updates