The 2nd Quarter Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill (NSED) will be conducted at 2 PM today, June 20, 2019. Let’s all join the drill to prepare and protect ourselves from the possible harmful effects of earthquakes.
WHAT TO DO DURING THE NATIONWIDE EARTHQUAKE DRILL
During the earthquake drill, try to stay calm, alert and do the following:
When caught indoors, follow these steps:
- Find a sturdy table where you can duck, hold and cover but make sure to watch out for any signs of potential threats.
- Stay away from heavy objects that might fall like shelves, cabinets and others. Avoid glass windows as well.
- When it stops shaking, go outside immediately and proceed to the nearest evacuation area.
When outside, here’s what you have to do:
- Find an open area where you can stay.
- Stay away from areas that are prone to landslides. Avoid structures like buildings and power lines, and big trees too.
- If you are driving, stop the vehicle and go outside.