Baguio Mayor Benjamin Magalong has signed the City Ordinance No. 45, series of 2020, or “The Face Mask Ordinance of 2020 in the City of Baguio” which mandates the wearing of face mask by all persons within Baguio City until the threat of COVID-19 is eliminated.
The new city ordinance aims to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and to ensure the health and safety of the residents, medical personnel, front liners, and all persons in the city of Baguio.
Last April 4, 2020, Mayor Magalong issued Executive Order no. 70, Series of 2020 mandating all people within the jurisdiction of Baguio City to use face masks.
City Ordinance No. 45, s. 2020 will be applied to all persons who stay, resident or transient, in all places found within the territorial jurisdiction of Baguio City
According to the ordinance, it is unlawful for any person or entity within the territorial jurisdiction of the City of Baguio to:
- Leave their homes to go to public places, buildings, national roads or highway, sidewalks, walkways, or public conveyances or other similar establishments, without wearing face mask;
- Go to work places whether in enclosed or open spaces, without wearing face masks
- Travel through city roads, alleyways, or streets, whether in public or private vehicles (including motorcycles) without wearing face mask;
- Transact business with any person not wearing a face mask; and
- Hoard, profiteer, or manipulates the prices for face masks being sold to the general public.
Individuals that will be caught violating the City Ordinance No. 45, s. 2020 will be penalized with the following:
P 2, 000.00
P 3,000.00 and cancellation of the business permit if applicable.
For minor violators, the parent or guardian will assess the corresponding fine or penalty following the existing laws, rules, and regulations.
Here are the following implementing agencies of the ordinance:
- City Health Services Office (HSO)
- Baguio City Police Office (BCPO)
- City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMC)
- Public Order and Safety Division (POSD)
- Permits and Licensing Division (PLD) under the Office of the City Mayor
- Public Information Office (PIO) of the City Government of Baguio
- Concerned Barangay Officials