Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong has signed the Memorandum No. 144, Series of 2020, Lockdown procedures for purposes of contact tracing, this Wednesday, July 30, 2020.
The procedures stated within the said Memorandum shall be implemented for all Lockdown Orders issued as of today, July 30, 2020 and so forth, and are for strict compliance.
Below are the following guidelines and reminders to take note of should your barangay be placed under lockdown.
Guidelines for Areas Under Lockdown
Here are the following guidelines, as stated in Memorandum No. 144, Series of 2020, to be implemented in areas under lockdown for contact tracing purposes:
- Upon confirmation of new and validated confirmed COVID 19 cases, the Office of the City Mayor shall issue a Memorandum ordering a lockdown over the barangay of residence of confirmed patients;
- Within a period of 48 hours upon implementation of lockdown order, the Field Medical Officer and pairing investigator shall recommend a scaling down of the secured areas, limited to the purok or street where the patient resides. (Secured area refers to the complete barangay or the purok/street monitored by checkpoint personnel.)
- PNP Checkpoint personnel and assisting barangay officials shall immediately reassign checkpoints according to the recommendations of the Field Medical Officer and pairing investigator.
- The Punong Barangay, with the conformity of the PNP Checkpoint personnel, shall immediately notify the City Mayor’s Office of checkpoint assignment.
- A Memorandum lifting any lockdown Order shall be issued only upon the recommendation of the Contact Tracing Analysts Team.
Who can Enter and Exit Restricted Areas
As stated in Memorandum No. 144, entry and exit into secured areas shall be restricted to the following persons:
- Barangay officials
- Healthcare workers
- Social workers
- Uniformed personnel
- Emergency response providers
- Cargo and logistics services
- Employees of government officers or instrumentalities with indispensable functions, and are mandated to physically report for work
- Persons authorized by Barangay officials to procure food and other basic necessities for residents
- Utilities for water, electricity, telecommunications and waste management
- Members of the media
Other Important Reminders
- Persons with medical appointments or medical emergencies shall likewise be let through secured checkpoints.
- For secured areas, Mall and Market Schedule is suspended.
- Residents in the secured area who need to access basic necessities are directed to coordinate with their barangay officials.
- Stores, satellite markets, and establishments inside the secured area shall be closed for the duration of the lockdown.
- No construction activities shall be allowed, except for emergency construction works.
For Inquiries or Clarification
For further inquiries or clarification regarding the memorandum, contact the Mayor’s Office hotline numbers 442-7228 or 446-4774.
For More News and Updates
Keep up with what’s happening within and Beyond the City of Baguio! Visit our Baguio City Guide Website on a daily basis or simply like and follow our official Baguio City Guide Facebook page to stay updated with the latest news and updates.
Looking for video content instead? You can drop by and subscribe to our official Baguio City Guide YouTube channel.