The following are the general guidelines to be followed in areas both under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) and General Community Quarantine (GCQ), as released by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Disease (IAT-EID) and announced in a live press briefing by Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque today, April 30, 2020.
General Provisions of the Omnibus Guidelines
- LGUs are enjoined to enact the necessary ordinances to enforce a curfew for non-workers in jurisdictions placed under GCQ and to penalize, in a fair and humane manner, violations, of the restrictions on the movement of people as provided under these Omnibus Guidelines.
- For residential and commercial rents falling due within the duration of the ECQ or GCQ upon residential lessees and micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) not permitted to operate during the said period, a grace period of thirty (30) days from the last due date, or until such time that the community quarantine is lifted shall be observed, whichever is longer, without incurring interests, penalties, fees, or other charges.
- All persons are mandated to wear face masks, earloop masks, indigenous, reusable, so-it-yourself masks, or face shields, handkerchiefs, or such other protective equipment or any combination thereof, which can effectively lessen the transmission of COVID-19, whenever they go out of their residences, pursuant to existing guidelines issued by the national government. Concerned LGUs are hereby enjoined to issue the necessary executive order or ordinance to that effect, and to provide fair and human penalties.
- Supermarkets, public and private wet markets, grocery stores, agri fishery, supply stores, and other retail establishments engaged in the business of selling essential goods are strongly encouraged to extend their store operations to a maximum of twelve (12) hours. LGUs are directed to allow such establishments to operate pursuant to the foregoing. Provided that in the operation of wet markets, LGUs are encouraged to adopt reasonable schemes to ensure compliance with strict social distancing measures, such as, but not limited to, providing for specific daily schedules per sector, barangay, or purok, as the case may be. In no case shall schemes involve narrowing the hours of operation of the foregoing establishments.
- Acts of discrimination inflicted upon health workers, repatriated OFWs and non-OFWs, COVID-19 cases, whether confirmed, recovered, or undergoing treatment, as well as suspect and probable cases, and Persons under Monitoring are denounced in the strongest of terms. Acts in furtherance of discrimination, such, but not limited to, coercion, libel, slander, physical injuries and the dishonor of contractual obligations such as contracts or lease or employment, shall be dealt with criminally, civilly, and/or administratively. LGUs are enjoined to issue the necessary executive orders and/or enact ordinances prohibiting and penalizing these discriminatory acts.
Guidelines on Interzonal Movement for ECQ and GCQ areas
Visit this article for the Omnibus Guidelines regarding interzonal travel between and within ECQ and GCQ areas.