In different advisories, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) – Philippines has warned all healthcare professionals and the general public not to purchase and consume fifteen (15) unregistered food products.
15 Unregistered Food Products
These are the unregistered food products listed in the FDA advisories:
FDA Advisory No.2021-0020
- GOODTASTE PORK LUNCHEON MEAT
- CHARLYN’S SPECIAL MISWA
- PABO MISWA
- MAYA MISWA
- CANCILLER’S FOOD PRODUCTS SPECIAL PANCIT CANTON
FDA Advisory No.2021-0019
- DR. WANG TURMERIC COFFEE
- L&P CALAMANSI JUICE, NET VOL. 330ML
- LAID’S SPECIAL CHICHARON – SPICY
- EMY’S SWEETS AND PASTRIES TAMARIND – SALTED
- EMY’S SWEETS AND PASTRIES TAMARIND – SWEET
FDA Advisory No.2021-0018
- OBF LONGGANISA DE GUINOBATAN SPECIAL LONGGANISA – SPICY | SPECIAL LONGGANISA – REGULAR
- PRO-FIT BERRY BARLEY PREMIUM BARLEY DRINK
- D’BARAKO COFFEE IN A BAG PURO KAPENG BARAKO
- FIRST VITA PLUS LEMONGRASS TEA WITH GREEN TEA
- WILD ORGANICA TURMERIC POWDER
According to FDA, the said food products are not registered and no corresponding Certificates of Product Registration (CPR) have been issued. This was verified by the agency through post-marketing surveillance.
FDA added that since the mentioned products have not gone through the evaluation process, the agency cannot assure the quality and safety.
Under the FDA Act of 2009, without proper authorization of FDA, the following products are prohibited to:
- offering for sale
- non-consumer use
- sponsorship of any health
Furthermore, all concerned establishments are warned not to distribute or sell the said unregistered products until CPR is issued.
To report any sale or distribution of unnotified medical device products, non-compliant cosmetic products, and unauthorized cosmetic products, report through the online reporting facility eReport.
For More News and Updates