Here’s How Food Establishments in Baguio Can Start Start Offering Dine-In Services (Requirements for MGCQ)
Planning to get your restaurant back to operation now that Baguio City is on MGCQ? Then, know that some business establishments here in the City of Baguio are already allowed to provide dine-in services.
On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, the Public Information Office – City of Baguio has released an Advisory on Dine-In Services for Restaurants containing the list of the businesses allowed to provide dine-in services, requirements for compliance and inspection, and other additional reminders.
Establishments Allowed to Provide Dine-in Services
- Stand-alone restaurants
- Fast food Establishments
- Coffee Shops
- Food Courts and other similar establishments offering dine-in services
Call the Department of Trade and Industry 665-3526.
Note for Hotels
According to PIO Baguio establishments in hotels are not covered by the advisory. They are encouraged to coordinate with the Department of Tourism (DOT) with regard to this matter.
Requirements for Compliance and Inspection:
- Notice of Reopening, submitted to the Permits and Licensing Division at Baguio City Hall and with copies furnished to the DTI and DOLE. Establishments may also submit their documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following documents must be attached:
- Photocopy of Business Permit
- List of Employees
- Floor plan of the establishment and seating capacity
- Sample of Health Checklist/Health Declaration Form
- Detailed summary of the applicant’s compliance with minimum standards and protocols.
- The Notice of Reopening must be submitted prior to start of operations. Establishments that are substantially or fully compliant with health protocols may begin to offer dine-in services, provided, they submit their Notice of Reopening within 24 hours from the time they start operations.
- Once the Notice of Reopening is received, the Joint Inspection Team will include the name of the establishment in its list for immediate inspection.
- Employees of covered establishments are reminded to always enforce social distancing within their premises, and to wear face masks and face shields while at work.
- Establishment owners and managers are encouraged to implement such other safety measures they may deem suitable to safeguard their employees and diners.
- Any additional guidelines or advisories released subsequent hereto by the DTI, DOLE, DOH, and the HSO shall have suppletory. As such, this Advisory may be amended or revised to conform to further instructions or legal orders.
- Shared responsibility between the local government, our uniformed personnel, and the private sector is imperative as we carry out our collective goal to transition to a “new normal” while still safeguarding the community against COVID-19.
For More News and Updates
Stay updated with everything that’s up in Baguio City and Beyond! See more of our content by exploring our Baguio City Guide website and by liking and following our official Baguio City Guide Facebook page. Looking for video content instead? Drop by our official Baguio City Guide YouTube Channel and don’t forget to hit Subscribe.
SOURCE PIO Baguio