After receiving reports of some jeepney units that continue to collect Twenty Pesos (Php 20.00) as fare, the city government, through the Public Information Office – City of Baguio, has released an advisory to remind drivers about the fare matrix under the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ).
Baguio City Jeepney Fare Under ECQ
According to the advisory, jeepney drivers have already been informed by the City Engineering Office regarding the fare matrix last week. Hence, starting May 4, 2020, they should adhere to the P9 minimum fare.
Financial Assistance for Jeepney Drivers
Last week, the city government published details about the financial assistance for jeepney drivers for the duration of the ECQ extension and the guidelines coming from the Department of Transportation (DOTr).
In line with this, the Three Hundred Pesos (Php 300.00) stimulus or financial assistance for jeepney drivers will be released as follows:
- Monday and Tuesday schedule
- Wednesday will be the release of payments
- Wednesday and Thursday schedule
- Friday will be the release of payments
- Friday and Saturday schedule
- Monday will be the release of payments
Additional Notes on Jeepney Fare Under ECQ
- According to PIO-Baguio, the financial assistance will be released under the name of the president of the Public Utility Jeepney (PUJ) association who will be in charge of distributing the cash to jeepney drivers who are listed in the barangay certification.
- The barangay certificate should be in the format coming from Mr. Benjie Macadangdang of the Mayor’s Office.
- For complaints on jeepney drivers who continue to collect Php 20.00 fare, contact Engr. Richard Lardizabal at 09217364115.