In light of the declaration of enhanced community quarantine over the entire Luzon, the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines has announced that its routine consular services, including all visa services, are temporarily suspended.
Reminders for Visa applicants
- All visa appointments are postponed until further notice. Hence, applicants are advised not to attempt to go to the Embassy.
- For updates, applicants are recommended to regularly check on their email (which they have provided at the time they made their appointment).
Reminders for U.S. Citizens
- The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. citizens to contact the airlines for assistance if they plan to leave the Philippines.
- assistance regarding their flight status
- For emergencies, please contact ACSinfoManila@state.gov.
- To receive alerts, enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/.
- For the latest update on COVID-19 crisis from the Department of State, visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html
General Reminder for U.S.A. Travelers
- For the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.A., visit https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/02/02/dhs-issues-supplemental-instructions-inbound-flights-individuals-who-have-been-china
For assistance, you may get in touch with the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines at
Address: 1201 Roxas Boulevard
Phone: +63(2) 5301-2000
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM – 4 PM
For Emergency American Citizen Services, please visit the Embassy’s website for more information at https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
After-hours Emergency for U.S. Citizens: +(63)(2) 5301-2000
State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444.
source: U.S. Embassy in the Philippines Facebook page