As of 2:00 AM today, typhoon Ulysses has intensified as it made landfall in the area of Nakar, Quezon.
Destructive winds and intense with at times torrential rainfall associated with the inner rainband-eyewall region of the typhoon will be experienced over central and southern portions of Aurora, the northern portion of Quezon including Polillo Islands, Metro Manila, Rizal, Bulacan, and Nueva Ecija within the next three hours. Moderate to heavy damage to infrastructure and vegetation is expected.
Typhoon Ulysses Forecast Track
This is the third landfall of typhoon Ulysses. Forecast track indicates that the typhoon is moving at a west northwest direction at a speed of 20km/h.
- 24 Hour(Tonight): 320 km West of Iba, Zambales(15.2°N, 117.0°E)
- 48 Hour(Friday evening):770 km West of Iba, Zambales (OUTSIDE PAR)( 15.2°N, 112.8°E)
- 72 Hour(Saturday evening): 1,275 km West of Northern Luzon (OUTSIDE PAR)( 15.9°N, 108.4°E)
Ulysses is packing maximum sustained winds of 155km/hr with gustiness of up to 255km/hr.
Benguet including Baguio City is still under signal number 2.
Areas Under Typhoon Signal No. 3
- The southern portion of Quirino (Maddela, Nagtipunan), the southern portion of Nueva Vizcaya (Alfonso Castaneda, Dupax Del Norte, Dupax Del Sur), Pangasinan, Nueva Ecija, Aurora, Tarlac, Zambales, Bataan, Pampanga, Bulacan, Metro Manila, Rizal, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, the northern and central portions of Quezon (Catanauan, Buenavista, Guinayangan, Tagkawayan, Calauag, Lopez, Quezon, Alabat, Perez, Mauban, Real, Infanta, General Nakar, Sampaloc, Atimonan, Plaridel, Gumaca, General Luna, Macalelon, Pitogo, Unisan, Agdangan, Padre Burgos, Pagbilao, Lucena City, Tayabas City, Lucban, Sariaya, Candelaria, San Antonio, Tiaong, Dolores) including Polillo Islands, and the western portion of Camarines Norte (Labo, Paracale, Jose Panganiban, Capalonga, Santa Elena)
Areas under Typhoon Signal Number 2
- The central and southern portions of Isabela (Mallig, Quirino, Ilagan, Roxas, Burgos, Gamu, Palanan, San Mariano, Dinapigue, San Guillermo, Benito Soliven, Naguilian, Reina Mercedes, Luna, San Manuel, Aurora, Cabatuan, Cauayan City, San Mateo, Alicia, Angadanan, Echague, Jones, San Agustin, San Isidro, Ramon, Santiago City, Cordon), the rest of Quirino, the rest of Nueva Vizcaya, Mountain Province, Ifugao, Benguet, the southern portion of Ilocos Sur (Cervantes, Quirino, San Emilio, Lidlidda, Santiago, Banayoyo, Candon City, Galimuyod, Gregorio Del Pilar, Salcedo, Santa Lucia, Santa Cruz, Sigay, Suyo, Tagudin, Alilem, Sugpon), La Union, the northern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Paluan, Abra de Ilog) including Lubang Island, the northern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Pola, Victoria, Naujan, Baco, Calapan City, San Teodoro, Puerto Galera), Marinduque, the rest of Quezon, the rest of Camarines Norte, and Camarines Sur
Areas Under Typhoon Signal Number 1
- The rest of Isabela, Kalinga, Abra, the rest of Ilocos Sur, the rest of Occidental Mindoro, the rest of Oriental Mindoro, Romblon, Albay, Sorsogon, Catanduanes, and the central and western portions of Masbate (Mandaon, Balud, Milagros, Mobo, Masbate City, Baleno, Aroroy) including Burias and Ticao Islands
Stay tuned for the next weather update at 5:00AM today