In line with the different procession activities by the different churches for Holy Week in Baguio City, here is the traffic advisory released and implemented by the Baguio City Police Office for Good Friday, April 19, 2019.
April 2019 Procession Activities
5:00 – 6:00 PM Procession of the Sto. Intierro
Route: St. Vincent Ferrer Church – Naguilian Road – Ferguson Road – Brower Road – back to St. Vincent Ferrer Church
Affected Road/s: Whole stretch of Bokawkan Road – Naguilian Road intersection to Ferguson Road and Brower Road
Traffic Scheme: STOP & GO
6:00 PM ONWARDS: Procession of the Our Lady of Atonement Cathedral
Route: Baguio Cathedral – Fr Carlu St – Lower Session Road – Maharlika – Harrison road turn left at Patriotic to Calderon St. Rotunda – Gov. Pack Road — Session Road – back to Cathedral
Affected Road/s: the whole stretch of Session Road, Magsaysay Road, whole stretch of Harrison Road and Calderon St.
During the procession of Our Lady of Atonement Cathedral April 19, 2019 @ 6:00 PM ONWARDS
- Post Office Loop- Two-way traffic
- Fr. Carlu St. – Closed to traffic until the procession is over
- Both sides of Session Road- Closed while the procession is ongoing
- Upper Mabini – Closed going down Session Road
- General Luna Road- Going up and going down Magsaysay is open to traffic
- Km. 0 or O shape (Hotel Veniz) – Stop and Go scheme
- Both sides of Harrison Road – closed while procession is ongoing
- Calderon St. – closed while procession is ongoing
Reminders: To avoid heavy traffic and being trapped within the Central Business District during the procession, all motorists are advised no to enter the said area until the activity is over.
No Parking Areas
Strictly no parking along the following roads and procession route effective 4:00 PM of April 19, 2019 until the procession is over.
- Both sides of the whole stretch of Session Road from Mercury opposite of BBPCAG/ Comfort room to Lower Session Road
- Whole stretch of the outbound lane of Harrison Road
- Whole stretch of Calderon St.
- TM Kalaw 1 & 2 area including Government Center Rd.
- Abanao Road including Abanao Extension
- Shanum St. and Carino St.
- Salvoza Drive and Bautista Drive
- Yandoc St – Legarda Road
- Whole stretch of Bokawkan – Naguilian Road including Ferguson Road to Brower or Gaerlan St.
Towing of vehicles illegally parked will be strictly implemented.
You can read our blog about Visita Iglesia in Baguio City for the Holy Week schedules of the different churches here in Baguio City. Have a blessed Holy Week everyone!