Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong has issued Executive Order No. 171, Series of 2020, an order regulating social gatherings, and the sale and consumption of Liquor in Baguio City starting today, November 20, 2020, until December 4, 2020.
Under the EO, the mayor ordered the following restriction measures:
- The following social gatherings to celebrate or commemorate personal or family milestones held in hotels, conference halls, convention venues, and other similar premises will be allowed provided that the venue is inspected prior to the event by City Health Services Office personnel and approval is secured by the Office of the City Mayor:
- Gathering to mourn departed love ones
- Other non-work-related gatherings
- The aforementioned social gatherings held at home shall be allowed provided that prior notice is given to barangay officials, and basic health practices are observed at all times.
- In all cases, standard and basic health protocols shall be observed.
- It is highly encouraged that attendees of the said events be limited to immediate family members who are not immunocompromised or who do not have underlying health conditions.
Sale and Consumption of Liquor
According to the EO, sale, distribution, and consumption of alcoholic beverages, and distilled spirits or liquor products, shall be regulated according to the following guidelines:
- Sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages, and distilled spirits or liquor products, in retail establishments within the jurisdiction of Baguio City shall be prohibited from the hours of 8:00 PM to 8:00 AM of the following day.
- Serving of alcoholic beverages and distilled spirits or liquor products, where the same is incidental to dining, in duly inspected or accredited dine-in establishments shall be allowed for the duration of opening hours, provided the maximum serving of beverages as follows:
- For beer and wine: A maximum of 4 individual serving per diner
- For distilled spirits or liquor Products: A maximum of 2 bottles where the volume of the beverage is 1 liter or less, and 1 bottle where the volume of the beverage is more than 1 liter.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages in public places, other than in duly inspected or accredited dine-in establishments shall be likewise be prohibited from 8:00 PM to 8:00 AM of the following day.
- Establishment managers and proprietors are reminded to monitor compliance with minimum public health standards and proper hygiene within the establishments. There shall be no sharing of utensils, glasses or tumblers, and condiments.
Executive Order No. 171
Source: PIO-City of Baguio