Two universities from the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), particularly in Baguio, excelled during the recently concluded licensure examinations for Medical Technologists.
Sain Louis University (SLU) ranked as the second best perfoming school while the University of Baguio (UB) landed at 6th place based on this year’s Medical Technologist board exams results which were released by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
With a passing rate of 99.65 percent, 285 out of 286 examinees from SLU have passed. On the other hand, 84 out of 91 examinees from UB were passers, reflecting a passing rate of 92.55 percent.
Two Universities at Top 1
Two universities tied as the top 1 performing schools. Cagayan State University – Andrews Campus in Tuguegarao City has a hundred percent passing rate with 127 examinees. Same is true with the Adventists University of the Philippines with 72 examinees who passed the exams.
Baguio students are among Top Notchers
Aside from two Baguio universities being included in the top performing schools, two students from these universities were also top notchers of the said board exams.
Ina Desiree Lacno Mamauag of UB landed at Top 9 with a rating of 89.10. Moreover, Graciela Mariel Quintos Cabreros of SLU is the Top 10 with a rating of 88.90.
Procedures and Reminders on Issuance of Professional Identification Card (ID) & Certificate of Registration
- Initial Registration will be online through www.prc.gov.ph, starting from April 1 up to April 12, 2019. Upon visiting the website, follow instructions provided for the registration.
- Things to bring to PRC:
- Downloaded and filled-up Oath Form, otherwise known as the Panunumpa ng Propesyonal
- Notice of Admission (for identification purposes)
- Passport size photos (2 pcs.; white background with complete name tag)
- Documentary stamps (2 sets)
- Short brown envelope
- Passers are required to do the registration personally.
- Oath Taking Ceremony details are to be announced.
- Those who failed but obtained at least 70 percent during the exams are qualified to register as Medical Laboratory Technician.