As the city transitioned to Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) today, June 1 until June 15, 2020, some establishments that are not allowed to operate before will now resume operations including gyms, fitness studios, and sport Facilities sectors.
In line with this, Baguio City released MGCQ requirements and guidelines for these types of establishments through the Public Information Office – Baguio City.
Here are the following requirements and guidelines:
- Letter of request indicating the nature of the business, address, location, and types of services offered.
- Photocopy of valid Business Permit
- Sample copy of a health declaration form
- List of employees/staff (names and designation)
- Floor plan of the facility illustrating implementation of physical distancing
- Protocols of health safety measures
- Measures should address COVID-19 prevention
Guidelines for the Operation of the Facility
- Accomplishment of a health declaration form upon client registration/entry
- Temperature scanning of all personnel and clientele should be conducted on a regular basis
- Strict implementation of safety and health programs. Sanitizers should be readily available at strategic locations within the establishment. Strict implementation of personal hygiene such as proper washing of hands and use of sanitizing liquids.
- Maintain physical distance within the facility during operations. It is mandatory to observe a 50% maximum occupancy at all times.
- Mandatory wearing of face masks at all times should be observed. It is highly recommended to avoid high impact and strenuous exercises and activities that will necessitate the removal of face masks.
- It is strictly forbidden for employees and clients to share personal hygiene products, exercise equipment, and personal effects.
- A regular disinfection program of the facility and equipment should be conducted.
- Confirmed, probable, suspect, and possible COVID-19 infected workers and clients should be brought to a temporary isolation medical area located within the establishment.
- Assign a dedicated staff to monitor the employees’ and client’s health conditions and the implementation of the modified general community quarantine policies and guidelines.
- Curfew hours implemented by the Local Government Unit (LGU) of Baguio should be strictly followed.
- Workers and clients coming from the outside the City shall observe the guidelines set by the LGU of Baguio for Returning Baguio Residents and Workers.
- Representatives from the LGU of Baguio shall conduct an inspection of the establishment and its facilities prior to the resumption of operations.
For inquires and clarification, contact any of the following personnel of the City Sports Office:
- Paul Rillorta – 09171141246
- Christel Padullon – 09196177103
- Aljiha Labiaga – 09261149951
- Juan Parocha – 09056022520
SOURCE: PIO – Baguio
RELATED ARTICLE: Businesses Allowed to Operate Under MGCQ in Baguio City