The low-pressure area located west of Pangasinan has developed into Tropical Depression Ferdie at around 8:00 PM today, August 9, 2020. As a result of this, the combination of tropical depression Ferdie and the enhanced south-west monsoon is currently bringing monsoon rains over Abra, Benguet, Zambales, Bataan, Tarlac, Pampanga, and the Ilocos Region. The Rest of the Cordillera region will experience occasional rains.
The public is warned that flooding and landslides may occur during sustained and heavy rainfall. Especially in high risk or hazard areas.
TD Ferdie Forecast Track
Location of eye/center:
• At 10:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “FERDIE” was estimated based on all available data at 225 km Northwest of Dagupan City, Pangasinan or 180 km West of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (17.3°N, 118.7°E).
• Maximum winds of 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 70 km/h.
• Moving North Northeastward at 20 km/h.
• 24 Hour (Tomorrow evening): 340 km West Northwest of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (21.7°N, 119.0°E)
• 48 Hour (Tuesday evening):850 km Northwest of Extreme Northern Luzon (OUTSIDE PAR) (26.7°N, 117.2°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNAL
(30-60 km/h winds prevailing now or expected in 36 hours)
Western portion of Ilocos Norte (Badoc, Pinili, Currimao, Batac City, Paoay, San Nicolas, Laoag City, Pasuquin, Bacarra, Burgos), western portion of Ilocos Sur (Santa Cruz, Tagudin, Santa Lucia, Galimuyod, Salcedo, Candon City, Banayoyo, Santiago, Burgos, Lidlidda, San Esteban, Santa Maria, Narvacan, Nagbukel, Santa, Caoayan, Vigan City, Santa Catalina, San Vicente, San Ildefonso, Bantay, Sinait, San Juan, Magsingal, Santo Domingo, Cabugao), La Union, western portion of Pangasinan (San Fabian, Dagupan City, Mangaldan, Calasiao, San Carlos City, Mangatarem, Aguilar, Lingayen, Binmaley, Infanta, Labrador, Sual, Bugallon, Dasol, Agno, Burgos, Mabini, Bani, Bolinao, Anda, Alaminos City), and northern portion of Zambales (Candelaria, Santa Cruz)