The Department of Education (DepEd) released today, May 28, 2020, DepEd Order No. 008, Series of 2020, or the Guidelines on Enrollment for School Year 2020-2021 in the Context of the Public Health Emergency due to COVID-19.
The modified enrollment guidelines will be adopted by the following:
- All public schools in basic education;
- Personnel implementing Alternative Learning System (ALS) program;
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCS) offering basic education; and
- Private Schools in Basic Education
Facilitation of the Modified Enrollment Procedure
According to DepEd Order No. 008, Series of 2020, previous advisers will primarily facilitate the modified enrollment procedure.
They will collect and enter the enrollment and survey data into the End-of-School-Year Learner Information System (EOSY-LIS). Thus, Parents and/or enrollees must submit Learner and Survey Forms to their previous class advisers.
Note: Exception to this are kindergartens, transferees, and Balik-Aral enrollees.
Instruction to Parents/Guardians and Enrollees
Here the enrollment instructions stated in the said DepEd Order for parents/guardians and the enrollees.
For Grades 1-12 Learners
- Parents of incoming Grades 1-12 learners will be contacted by the previous advisers for remote enrollment.
- Parents/guardians may also reach out to their child’s adviser for enrollment through the contact numbers published by the school.
- Making Physical appearances in school for enrollment purposes shall be the last option for parents/guardians and/or learners. Such appearances shall be guided by the minimum health and safety protocols in the locality, and properly coordinated as to date and time, and with LGU officials up to the barangay level.
For Incoming Kindergarten Enrollees
Furthermore, parents of incoming kindergarten learners shall communicate their intent to enroll their children via digital and/or physical enrollment platforms established by schools.
On the other hand, learners planning to transfer from one school (“the originating school”) to another (“the receiving school”) shall directly contact the receiving schools through its published enrollment contact details.
For Balik-Aral Enrollees
For Balik-Aral enrollees, they shall directly contact preferred schools. Receiving schools, on the other hand, shall register enrollee’s enrollment and survey data.
For ALS enrollees
ALS enrollees may communicate their intent to enroll via digital and/or physical enrollment platforms established by schools and barangays with community learning center (CLCs).
The form to be used is ALS Form 2 based on DepEd Order No. 58, s. 2017, which will be made available in digital and physical formats.
For more information regarding the modified enrollment procedure, contact the Education Management and Information Systems Divisions-Planning Service, Department of Education Central Office at email@example.com.
SOURCE: Department of Education