A Sangguniang Panlungsod Resolution was approved by Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong last week which will bring business registration to barangays. This is posted by the Public Information Office (PIO) of the City of Baguio today, October 15, 2020 (Thursday).
“Baguio City Mayor Benjamin B. Magalong, last week, approved a Sangguniang Panlungsod Resolution bringing business registration to barangays.”– PIO-Baguio
Resolution No. 504, series of 2020
To prevent the spread of the virus, Resolution No. 504, series of 2020 is urging the registration of businesses in barangays to avoid crowding and long queues at the Baguio City Hall.
Here are the following scopes of the resolution according to PIO:
- The resolution targets services and trades, which proliferated in response to the closure of regular trades during the implementation of quarantine measures.
- It seeks to provide easier registration for:
- Online sellers
- Home-based micro-enterprises
- Producers of ready to eat food
- Farmers in direct selling
- Rolling store operators
- Delivery services
- Overseas Filipino Workers holding alternative livelihood.
- Registration, assisted by the Sangguniang Panlungsod Committee on Market, Trade, Commerce, and Agriculture, is free of charge.
As stated in the post of PIO-Baguio, in the meantime, to make the registration easier the Association of Barangay Council (ABC) office is providing simplified registration forms. Also, the registration forms shall be collected by the Special Services Division of the City Mayor’s Office (SSD-CMO) for recording and classification.