On the post of the Public Information Office (PIO) of the Baguio City, through the Baguio College Education Financial Assistance Grant (BCEFAG) the city government of Baguio will offer education financial assistance.
Where to Apply?
For applicants who are interested and qualified, they can apply to the following office:
- City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), Upper Session Road
- Ms. Marlene de Castro at the City Mayors Office, City Hall
- Councilor Vladimir Cayabas’ Office
UPDATE (October 29, 2020)
To give student-applicants to comply with the requirements, the deadline of the submission of requirements is moved to November 11, 2020 instead of October 30, 2020.
The following requirements are needed for the application:
- A brief application letter to Mayor Benjamin Magalong citing the intention to avail of the grant
- Duly accomplished application form with the latest 1.5 x 1.5 or 2.0 x 2.0 ID picture (at the upper rightmost side of the form)
- Enrolment certificate (with the school’s official dry seal)
- Assessment of school fees (with official dry seal)
- Certificate of good moral character from the latest school attended
- Certificate of barangay residence for a minimum of two years
- Income tax return of parents or certificate of tax exemption to be secured at the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).
- Voter’s ID or certificate of voter’s registration, or parent/s’ voter’s registration if minor
- Barangay endorsement
- Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) birth certificate
- For those enrolled or intending to enroll in the undergraduate level, non-degree, or technical vocational schools:
- A certified true copy of grades for the latest semester attended (with the school’s official dry seal).
- For fresh secondary graduates
- A certified true copy of Form 138 or high school report card
- For Alternative Learning System (ALS) students
- Certified true copies ALS certificate
- Passing the result of the examination (with the school’s official dry seal).
UPDATE (October 29, 2020)
- Documetnts should be submitted in two (2) copies in a long folder.
- Screening will start as soon as the complete documents needed for the application were received.
Furthermore, applicants should be Baguio residents, even those who may be enrolled in schools outside of the city.
Emergency Cash Assistance
According to the PIO-Baguio post, emergency cash assistance in the amount of PHP 500.00 to PHP 2,000.00 is available to students enrolled in elementary, high school, and college.
In addition, applicants should:
- Be a bonafide Baguio residents
- Submit their certificate of enrollment and school ID, or certification that the ID is being processed.
Solo and PWD Parents
And, for Solo and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) parents with children enrolled in public schools may also apply for financial assistance amounting to PHP 5,000.00.
To avail the financial assistance, the parent-applicant should present:
- Solo/PWD Identification Card (ID) issued by the Local Government Unit (LGU)
- Present it to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Crisis Intervention Unit located at 40 Northdrive, Baguio City.