The City of Baguio is to celebrate the Library and Information Services Month in November with the theme, “LibREAL (Libraries Relate, Engage, Advocate, Lead)”. Included in the festivity is the 86th National Book Week which is set from November 24 to 30. It has the theme, “Libraries as Catalysts in the New Normal Environment: Changes. Reforms. Transformations.”
According to Easter Wahayna-Pablo, city librarian officer-in-charge, activities include the following:
- Questions will be posted on its Facebook page (Baguio City Public Library) on Mondays and Tuesdays
- The first to answer correctly will be given a token
- Online Storytelling
- Librarians will read stories to be posted every Wednesday
- Poetry Reading
- To be posted on Thursdays
- Invited guests or random speakers will share their insights about libraries, books and love for reading
- To be posted every Friday
A Parent and Child Online Storytelling Contest, as revealed by the Public Information Office of the City of Baguio, will also be held. The target participants of this contest are the parents and children of the city’s child development centers.
Those who are planning to participate in the Parent and Child Online Storytelling Contest should see the mechanics and register online on the Baguio City Public Library Facebook page. A maximum of 25 pairs will be accepted and winners will receive cash prizes.
More Information About the Baguio City Public Library
Baguio City Public Library
- Located at Burnham Park just across the children’s playground
- Landline no.: 442-8917
- Cellphone no.: 0963-614556.
For More News and Updates
Keep up with what’s happening within and beyond the City of Baguio. Frequently visit our Baguio City Guide website and like and follow our official Baguio City Guide Facebook page to catch the latest news and updates.