Under the Executive Order No.04, series of 2020, four municipalities in Kalinga ordered the temporary suspension of all tourism activities as a precautionary measure against coronavirus (COVID-19).
4 Municipalities of Kalinga that Issued Suspension
MUNICIPALITY OF TINGLAYAN
Mayor Sacrament S. Gumilab signed the order last February 3, 2020, stating to establish checkpoints especially at Barangay Buscalan, Tinglayan and ban all tourists from entering the municipality.
MUNICIPALITY OF PASIL
Municipal Mayor Alfredo B. Malannag Jr. signed the executive order last February 6, 2020, stating to establish checkpoints especially at Barangay Balatoc and Colayo to ban all tourists from entering the municipality.
MUNICIPALITY OF BALBALAN
Last February 10, 2020, Mayor Eric L. Gonayon signed the order stating to establish all checkpoints to all entry points to ban all tourists from entering the municipality.
MUNICIPALITY OF LUBUAGAN
Mayor Charisma Anne O. Dickpus of Lubuagan signed the order last February 28, 2020. Within the Municipality of Lubuagan, Mayor ordered the following:
- Cancellation of all kinds of activities that draw crowds.
- Suspension of all tourism activities most especially visits from domestic or foreign travelers with recent foreign travels.
Executive Order No.4, Series of 2020
Here are the functions stated in the executive order
- Conduct a Barangay-wide information campaign on Novel Coronavirus prevention, containment, and control.
- Conduct barangay-wide clean-up campaign.
- Establish an active surveillance mechanism
- Disseminate information materials i.e., flyers, brochures, and postures against coronavirus
- Oversee the implementation of control measures.
- Meet daily to review the latest surveillance data and implement additional control measures.
- Ensure the use of standard treatment protocols for the disease.
- Provide regular feedback to the community, LGU, PHO, CHD, and DOH
- Request assistance necessary
- Perform other tasks as instructed by the head of the agency.
All tourism activities in the municipalities of Tinglayan, Pasil, Balbalan, and Lubuagan are temporarily suspended until further notice.